Yesterday I was very grateful to receive a Dragon's Loyalty Award for my blog by Mr Rumsey, a film blogger whose reviews of everything from Adaptation to Zombieland I highly recommend. Thank you, sir!
Now I have to do my bit and follow the rules that come with the award.
- Display the Award Certificate on your website
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you've linked them in a post
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself
Firstly, I decided to bend the rules a little (some would say outright break, I wouldn't) by reducing the number of rewards from 15 to 5. Here, after much deliberation, are five blogs which I think really deserve this award for the work which has been put into maintaining these great sites:
Each has a range of interests and content but I urge you to have a look at them all. They're all well worth it.
And to complete the post, here's seven 'interesting' facts about me:
- I've wanted to be a writer for as long as I can remember. I had a brief spell where I became obsessed with football in my youth but generally this aim has stayed put.
- I've met Two ‘Doctor Whos’ in my life. David Tennant last December and Tom Baker in a Waterstones’ book shop when I was five. I don’t actually remember this although it did definitely happen. I aim to tick off a few more over the years…
- I own far too many books to do with Sherlock Holmes. I shouldn't admit to this but I have three copies of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. Don’t ask.
- I love writing lists of things but I can never ever choose what my favourite film would be. Maybe one day.
- The first Doctor Who story I wrote when I was twelve was called ‘The Devil’s Children’ – still a good title – and involved a giant demonic alien possessing children and using them to take over the world! I do believe it’s still pugged away somewhere…
- Now, don’t go mad, internet, but I haven’t seen every Star Wars film. And the ones I have I've only seen once. Please hold back on flinging the rotten tomatoes.
- Whilst writing out this blog post I am watching an episode of the Simpsons. It is a good episode of the Simpsons. Thanks for reading!