Thursday 31 October 2013

A Warning on Halloween Night

A monochrome man, in a smart suit, emerges from behind the stage curtains and faces an unseen audience.
Dear readers. It has now reached All Hallows’ Eve and Gothic Creatures must come to an end. The writer of this blog has asked me to thank you for indulging his gimmicks and for reading his posts on the likes of the terrifying man made from dead tissue, a scientist with one hell of a dark side and the horrors to be found in space, where no one can hear you scream. But before we go, we have one last treat for you. A story to ensure your Halloween night does not go by without a fright. Take heed, ladies and gentlemen, boys and ghouls, for it is a story with a message for you all…


Do not read this post. Whatever you do leave this page, this website, the whole internet now. Go and read a book, go for a Halloween night-time stroll, start a game of Russian Roulette, anything is safer than reading this post.
It gets in through your eyes. Eyes that are glued to the screen. The more you read the stronger it will become.
I shouldn’t have started like that. Now you want to read on. Then I shall have to explain.
It began at the start of the month. I thought it was normal, at first. We all like to waste some time on the internet, after all. But this was not normal.
I did nothing but browse the internet, all day long. I had friends to go out and see, places to go, assignments to do for university but none of these things happened. Because it had taken hold of me.
I could not concentrate on anything else.  It kept drawing me back to it. I would spend hours reading celebrities’ coffee updates on Twitter, watching videos of cats on Youtube, even googling my name. I was its slave and I could not escape.
It is now Halloween, and I have still not escaped.
I have not left my desk chair for twenty-four hours. I don’t even know if I want to anymore. I have become lifeless, unthinking. It has got me but it doesn’t need to get you to. There’s still hope for you.
I know where it came from now. And it sickens me. But it means I can warn you. It is paramount you leave this site now, it is spreading like hellfire. You are worried now, I know. And I am sorry but I had to tell you. You need to know what to look for. You need to know what shape it takes. You must never go on the internet again, but I know what you’re like, you want to check your emails, tell everyone on Facebook that you’re having a bad day. I understand that. So please, and you really must, watch out for it. It looks like-


The Monochrome Man arrives back on stage and bows to the unseen audience
And that is, sadly, all we have time for. But rest assured, readers, that more posts will follow on this blog, do not worry about that. On your behalf, I will make sure that this blog’s proprietor does his utmost best to keep drawing you here. Because, on this terrible night of all nights, when your fellow men and women become monsters, and savage children scratch at your doors for sustenance, you need something to protect you from the dangers of the outside world. Have no fear, readers, I will keep you safe. As long as you keep your eyes glued to the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...